- Jiangtao’s work on Active Tensegrity is just accepted by Scientific Reports!
- Zeang;s work on Origami by Frontal Photopolymerization just appeared in Science Advances! Congratulations!
- Chao’s work on Direct 4D printing just appeared in Scientific Reports! Congratulations!
- Welcome Devin Roach and Craig Hamel to join the group
Both Devin and Craig join the group as PhD students and will be working close with 3D printing team to develop new multifunctional 3D printers.
- Dr. Kai Yu joined University of Colorado at Denver as an assistant professor
Kai left GT in the middle of July and becomes an assistant professor at University of Colorado at Denver. Congratulations to Kai!
- Kai and Qian’s work on recycling carbon fiber composite was published in Advanced Functional Materials
Kai and Qian developed a new method to promote bond exchange reactions so that they can achieve near 100% recycling of CFRP. Great work!
- Dr. Qi is selected as ASME fellow
Dr. Qi is recently selected as ASME fellow for his contributions to the mechanics of polymers research and 3D/4D printing and to the service to the ASME society.
- Dr Wei received the prestigious Distinguished Young Scholar Award from Natural Science Foundation of China
Congratulations to Dr Wei! the Distinguished Young Scholar Award is the most prestigious award for young investigators in Chinese academic community. Wei was a visiting scholar in our group in 2014.
- Dr. Qi is named the Woodruff Faculty Fellow by the Woodruff school and College of Engineering
Dr. Qi is named the Woodruff Faculty Fellow to encourage his efforts in developing his research program at GT.